Saturday, August 29, 2015

I don't have double citizenship: Geetha

Dismissing reports that her parliamentary seat was being invalidated, Geetha Kumarasinghe told that in spite of hindrances, she would doubtlessly take promises as a Member of Parliament on September 1. "Failures are in a worthless endeavor to sling mud at me saying I am a Switzerland native. As indicated by the nineteenth Amendment Sri Lankan lawmakers with a citizenship in another nation are kept from holding high posts.
I acquired the Switzerland citizenship through my spouse. Be that as it may, I crossed out it quite a while back.



I don't have to discuss it now," she said. Ms. Kumarasinghe said this had turned into a theme of dialog at get-togethers after a few hopefuls who lost the race had spread this sort of manufactured news in a tattle site asserting that she would not be qualified to take vows as a parliamentarian. She said the individuals had voted in favor of her due to the way in which she interfaced with the individuals and none of her rivals would have the capacity to grab that sort of backing from her.